Four strategic lines have been defined for the Implementation of HPMP in the Country:
- The first is the conversion of companies in the Polyurethane Foam Sector.
- The second is the conversion of companies in the Commercial Refrigeration and AC Manufacturing Sector (RACM).
- The third is associated with the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Servicing Sector (RACS)
- Finally, is the programme for Project Coordination, and Management activities.
The strategic line was adopted to ensure that the activities undertaken and the sub-sectors in which activities are undertaken produce the greatest impact in terms of amount of ODP to be phased out. This led to:
- Prioritizing of HCFC-141b phase-out for first and second programmes of implementation 2013/2015/2020 compliance;
- Prioritizing, in the first phases of the HPMP, those technologies that are mature and ready to be implemented, except for some demonstration-type of activities (i.e. supercritical CO2 for sprayfoams);
- Emphasizing local capacity (blending, HC production) to assure cost-effective availability of alternatives.
- Local production of refrigerant-grade hydrocarbons as a preparatory measure for the servicing sector, thus displacing the need for increased HCFCs consumption therein.
- Inclusion of training for HC and other alternative use in the service sector including tooling and strengthening of existing relevant institutions.